February is the month of love and all things romance. Whether you have a partner or flying solo or just wanting to do something special with a few friends or family members, Erie has plenty of options to get you in a loving mood. From the traditional wine and chocolate to the more unusual yoga and painting events, there is something for everyone to love. Here are a just a few ideas we found:
Chocolate Makes Everything Better doesn’t it? Erie is fortunate to have two chocolatiers in our midst and they are both excellent sources to satisfy your chocolate cravings. Pick up a little sweet something for your special someone or indulge yourself and grab a box (or 4) for yourself!
Romolo Chocolates has unveiled their 2021 Love Collection and it is sinful looking; we can only imagine how good it actually tastes. For a sneak peek video of Romolo’s heavenly creations, click here. Unfortunately the video does not have smell-o-vision…but it should! You can also celebrate your Valentine with chocolate AND beer when the newest batch of Grandpa Romolo's Sponge Candy Stout is released at Noon on Feb. 12th at Lavery Brewing. The limited release will also be sold at Wegman's and several other distributors.
Pulakos Chocolates - If you haven’t tried one (or a dozen) of their fresh, made daily chocolate-covered strawberries, then you simply need to make that a top priority this month. Along with those wonderful bites of fruit/chocolate bliss, Pulakos has a special Valentine’s Day Collection featuring chocolate covered lips, marshmallow hearts, chocolate heart suckers and of course the traditional heart-shaped candy gift boxes.
Smile, There’s Wine! – There’s no better complement to a decadent piece of chocolate than a perfectly paired bottle of wine. The 23 wineries that make up Lake Erie Wine Country are stocked up with many flavors of the vine; most of them offering curb-side pickup and flexible hours.
- Stop by Arrowhead Winery for a bottle of their Valentine favorite “Cherry Love”, available in cute little Cupid sizes; perfect for gift baskets.
- Over at Courtyard Winery you can find “First Kiss” and “Chocopelli” wines. First Kiss is sweet, light, and memorable – just like your first kiss! It’s a blend of Cayuga and Catawba grapes. Chocopelli is wine and chocolate perfectly paired in one glass! Chocopelli is a dark red wine infused with dark chocolate, goodness. During the weekend of February 13-14, Courtyard Winery has teamed up with Give a Crepe for “Oh Crepe, It’s Valentine’s Day! Drive-Up Event” where you can order and pick-up delicious homemade savory or sweet crepes and pair it with your favorite wine. More info here.
- Our friends at Arundel Cellars have their delightfully sweet white “Young Love” wine or you could try “Sweet Kiss”; a red, sweet wine filled with the aroma of vineyards heavy with plump, ripe grapes.
- Join Mazza Vineyards, the South Shore Wine Company, or Mazza Chautauqua Cellars / Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing during their regular hours Fri-Sun of Valentine's weekend for a specially curated "Valentine's Flight" paired with chocolate hearts from Pulakos Chocolates. Treat yourself, a friend, or that special someone to enjoy some wine and chocolate. Featured flights differ at all 3 locations, so feel free to visit them all!
- Other wineries/wine to consider: Penn Shore Winery Pink Catawba, Lakeview Wine Cellars’ Sunset Blush, Mazza Vineyards iconic award-winning Ice Wine, Johnson Estate Winery special Valentine gift boxes or 21 Brix Valentine’s Day Pop-Up Special.
Keep Calm and Have a Spa Day. Treat yourself either before or after your day with a relaxing spa treatment. We’ve got you covered (with a spa sheet!) when it comes to finding ways to relax and unwind.
- Experience the body and transcend the soul at A Compassionate Hart Massage Therapy. Try a therapeutic, express or couples massage or maybe try a Reiki energy healing massage. Couples massages could be for you and your significant other or a mother daughter adventure or two friends looking to relax together.
- Come relax and get pampered at Bella Salon and Day Spa in nearby North East. Take advantage of their February special; pick 2 pre-selected services for $72. They also offer a wide variety of spa treatments and spa packages.
- Monacella Massage & Kinesiology provides massage therapy that specializes in sore muscles from daily life, physical fitness and work stress. Therapists offer the following types of massage: Swedish, deep tissue, reflexology, Thai reflexology, craniosacral, hot stone, lymphatic drainage and more. They are conveniently located in downtown Erie and they’ll even validate your parking at the parking garage on East 10th between State and French Streets! Giveaway: We’re sharing the love this February! Do you want to win a $250 gift card for relaxing massage services? Entering is easy, just complete the form by February 28, 2021 and on March 1, 2021 we’ll randomly draw the lucky winner and announce on our Facebook page. Enter to win here http://bit.ly/MMGiveawayVE
- The Serenity Spa inside Peek ‘n Peak invites you to relax, unwind and rejuvenate! They offer a soothing range of spa treatments, from Swedish and Hot Stone Massage, to hand and foot rituals and facials. You’ll emerge looking and feeling great. PLEASE NOTE: Due to Covid-19, Serenity Spa is not performing Couple’s Massages or package or body treatments. For more information on what is currently allowed in the state of New York please contact the spa directly at 716-355-4141 ext. 7148.
The only thing we like better than talking about food is EATING food! – Several of our area restaurants are featuring special Valentines menus for couples or families. Here are just a few for you to check out:
- Head downtown because you simply MUST check out Molly Brannigan’s Valentine’s explosion, as they are feeling the love in every corner of their restaurant with their décor. Trust us, it’s LOVE-ly! While there, split a whiskey flight with your special someone. Molly’s has multiple flight options & over Valentine’s Weekend they will have a Featured Whiskey flight for 2.
- Love is in the air this Valentine’s Day at the Bayfront Grille inside the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. They’ve created a Table for Two menu for you and that special someone to enjoy throughout Valentine’s Day weekend. Indoor reservations and outdoor igloo reservations are accepted but they are going fast!
- The Original Popcorn House has done it again with a special flavor to celebrate Valentines…chocolate covered strawberry! Sounds amazing!
- Bistro 210 at Peek’n Peak - Celebrate with your loved one by sharing some delicious features at Bistro 210. On Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th, treat your sweetheart to a delicious surf & turf entrée alongside a delicious chocolate raspberry martini or their fabulous Bistro Bellini kiss. Place your reservations while they are still available: (716) 355-4141
- Madeline’s Dining & Events – Special Valentine’s Weekend specials include prime rib and shrimp, lobster ravioli and chicken & bacon ala vodka. Make your reservations by calling (814) 402-1075.
- Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro has a full week of Valentine’s specials called “A Different Kind of Love”. Choose a day, any day to celebrate with your love. In addition to their menu, they are also featuring live music throughout the month of February. Visit their Facebook page for details.
- Buona Cucina Oils & More – has all sorts of yummy Valentine’s recipes on their website that pair beautifully with their over 50 premium olive oils, sweet or savory balsamic vinegars and tasty salts and herbs. Include one of their unique hand-blown cruets or other culinary accessories for the gift that keeps on giving.
- Our sneaky friends at Sneaky Pete’s definitely have something up their sleeve for Valentine’s weekend and we hear it involves lobster tails and shrimp, oh my! Check out their Facebook page for details.
Make it an Overnight Romantic Getaway!
Romantic Overnight Packages are available at the following hotels. To view them, click here:
- Valentine’s Love packages at Cobblestone Inn & Suites (Bayfront, Harborcreek and Corry locations)
- Romantic Getaway at the new Hampton Inn & Suites Bayfront
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel Sweetheart Package
- Courtyard Erie Bayfront Hotel Sweetheart Package
Other Note-Worthy Valentine’s events:
- GALentine’s Yoga with Abi: Saturday Feb 13 at 10 AM – virtual event via Zoom. Who needs Valentine’s Day when you can focus on health and history with your closest gal pals on GALentines Day? During this time of limited social gatherings, Hagen History Center would like to invite you to GALentines Day Yoga, Yoga with Abi; a fun virtual yoga experience the day before Valentine’s Day! Abi will lead you through an hour-fifteen-minute Hatha Yoga Flow with emphasis on expanding your heart chakra beginning at 10 AM via Zoom. After yoga spoil yourself with a take-home box filled with sweet treats along with a 350mL bottle of Mazza white wine! Take-home boxes are available to pick up February 12, from 8 AM – 5 PM. Tickets and information are online only. $10 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Limited Quantities available.
- Travel in Style – Our partners at Rupp Limousine are offering a special for Valentine's – Get a free hour when you rent 3 hours. They feature sedans with 6, 10, 14, or 26 passenger options. For everyone’s safety, they have invested in the same technology hospitals and emergency services use for their vehicles for disinfecting. Their sedans have plexiglass behind the driver so guests feel safe. And each limousine has a divider. Guests MUST wear a mask around the driver.
- Board & Brush “GALentines Night Out” February 13 from 6-9pm. Come celebrate with your besties at Board & Brush Erie! You will each get to make your own personalized sign from their gallery of over 400 signs. Register in advance before they sell out!
- Board & Brush “Valentine’s Day Date” event Sunday February 14 from 2-5pm. Come have fun on Valentine’s Day! Instead of a night out, How about a day out creating and laughing together? Also, they are BYOB. Take $20 off 2 sign orders with discount code BBVALENTINE at registration.
- Asbury Woods Valentine’s Gift Box - This Valentine's Day surprise the one you love with a gift basket from Sealed by Nature, a popular line of items carried in the Asbury Woods Gift Shop. Whether it's a Valentine, Galentine, or someone special in your life, let them know you're thinking of them with a beautiful gift basket. Your choice of Lavender Basket or Earth & Energy nature-inspired gift basket includes hand-crafted bath and body items to soothe skin with refreshing and scented lotions, balms, creams, and more. Each gift basket purchased also supports the mission of Asbury Woods with a $15 tax-deductible donation. Details here.
All of the above mentioned VisitErie partner businesses are following strict COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols. For specific details, please visit their websites. Remember as always to practice social distancing and wear your mask to keep you and others safe.