Presque Isle Poker Paddle
Presque Isle State Park/Lagoon Boat Launch
Paddlers of all types and skill levels are invited to join us for a day of fun on the waterways of Presque Isle! The 6.25 mile poker run takes you through the Presque Isle Lagoon, Marina Lake, Presque Isle Bay, Horseshoe Pond, Misery Bay and Graveyard Pond.
- Participants must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to their selected launch time to unload boats & gear, park your car at Beach 11 and hitch a shuttle ride back to the launch site at the Lagoons Boat Launch.
- After launching, paddlers will follow the 6.25 mile circuit through the Presque Isle Lagoons, Marina Lake, Presque Isle Bay, Horseshoe Pond, Misery Bay and Graveyard Pond to finish where they started.
- There will be 5 "card stops" along the way marked clearly with a large flag saying "CHECKPOINT"
You will then follow these 5 critical steps:
- Pull up to card stop location
- Present your players card
- Draw a random card
- Allow a volunteer to mark your players card with the random card chosen
- Be on your way to the next stop
- Direction of travel dependent on wind and wave conditions on the Bay the day of the event.
- Participants may earn a maximum of two extra cards by picking up trash along the way and/or purchasing a donation Card before launching.
- At the finish marker (same location as where you started), participants must report their self-determined Best & Worst poker hands.
- Upon completion of the course, the same shuttle will transport you back to your vehicle at Beach 11.
- Head up to Millcreek Brewing Company for admission to the after-party from 1-5pm; REMEMBER to bring your players card with you to gain access to appetizers and a craft brew!
What You Get
Cost per paddler is $45 and includes:
- players card
- commemorative P.I. Poker Paddle T-shirt
- safety whistle
- admission to the after-party at the Millcreek Brewing Company on West Lake Road including complimentary appetizers and a craft brew
- door prize ticket for a chance to win more than $400 worth of cool prizes
- and the gratification of knowing that your participation helps bring to life worthwhile projects that enhance Presque Isle State Park!
This is a “Bring Your Own Boat” event. What if you want to participate but don’t have a boat? No worries, for an additional fee of $15 you can have a kayak and necessary safety gear waiting for you at the launch.
To reserve a kayak prior to the event, contact:
Jim Butts, Event Coordinator
814-838-5144 ext.102 / M-F 8-4