Sweet Ways to Spend Valentine's Day in Erie, PA
Friday Jan 20th, 2023
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and we’ve got some great ideas on how you can celebrate this special day in Erie PA. Whether it’s a girlfriend gathering, a traditional romantic night out or something a little different, there are many ways you can spend a memorable Valentine’s with the ones you love the most.
Celebrate the joy of female friendships by getting the girls together for a day, afternoon, or evening filled with fabulous festive flair! Typically observed on February 13, Galentine's Day is a fun tribute to Valentine’s Day for mothers, grandmothers, daughters, sisters, and friends.
- Book a private tasting party at Buona Cucina Oils and More. Experience a flavor-packed party where you and the girls can sample an assortment of olive oils, gourmet vinegars, herbs, and salts, complete with dipping bread and a few other goodies supplied by Buona Cucina. Elevate your tasting event and bring your own alcohol, snacks, or caterer. To reserve your private tasting, call 814-835-6898.
- Tour Lake Erie Wine Country in style! Ditch driving multiple cars and the hassle of finding a parking space and instead, rent a luxurious limousine or a tricked out party bus to travel in grand style. Let the folks at Rupp Limousine or Chautauqua Locale Wine Tours be your designated driver for the day so your group can focus on sipping and sampling the wealth of award-winning wines of Lake Erie Wine Country.
- Make it, take it at Board & Brush. Combine the joy of wine, food, and paint together with laughter and creativity with a girls outing to Board & Brush. Sign up for their newest DIY workshop and create your own colorful serving table trivet, so the next time you have a gathering, you’ll be the hostess with the mostest!
(picture by @diana_akopyan_rn on Instagram)
Think Outside the Heart-Shaped Box
Maybe it’s your first Valentine’s together and you want to do something non-traditional or perhaps you’re just looking to shake things up this year. Whatever the reason, the following ideas can help you create a Valentine’s Day that is a little less old-school and a little more daring.
- Get totally tubular at Mount Pleasant of Edinboro. Speed down an eight lane, 600’ tubing hill with your sweetie for an exhilarating rush of outdoor winter fun. You can bring your own tube or rent one of theirs. (pictured)
- Lift your spirits at Cart/Horse Distilling. Using only the finest and freshest ingredients, this first generation, woman-owned distillery features a robust cocktail menu that includes the popular raspberry herb smash. Handcrafted with Cart/Horse vodka, whole raspberries and herbs that is muddled with lime and simple syrup and topped with soda, it’s the perfect way to end a day of tubing.
- Schedule a couples massage at Monacella Massage & Kinesiology. Have all your stress melted away together in the same room, at the same time, by two different therapists with a rejuvenating massage. You and your significant other can choose from a combination of Swedish (relaxation), deep tissue, aromatherapy, or reflexology massages.
A Traditional Romantic Getaway
Even if you decide to choose a more customary route for Valentine’s Day, it’s still a loving gesture that will create cherished memories. The time-honored traditions of a romantic dinner, beautiful flowers, chocolates, and an overnight getaway are classic ways to show your affection.
- Reserve a table for two at The Cork 1794. Treat your Valentine to a romantic dinner out in a stunning space with incredible food and outstanding service. The Cork’s special Valentine’s Day menu will feature items created with romance in mind, including Oysters Rockefeller, Surf and Turf with a decadent cognac mushroom cream sauce, and a house made, ooey gooey smores dessert, perfect for sharing. As an extra thoughtful touch, a bouquet of fresh flowers can be added to your table. Flowers should be requested in advance, when making your dinner reservation.
- Turn your Valentine’s Day into an overnight getaway at the Spencer House Bed & Breakfast. Located along historic “Millionaire’s Row” in downtown Erie, the Victorian-style mansion boasts six beautifully decorated rooms, each with their own unique style and charm. Add a little extra to your stay and ask for scattered rose petals, a box of decadent chocolates from Romolo Chocolates and a bottle of wine from Courtyard Winery to be added to your room. Your sweet getaway will be romance-ready on check-in. (pictured)