Wild America Nature Festival
Roger Tory Peterson’s Wild America Nature Festival is returning to Panama Rocks for its third year on July 27 & 28, 2019 – the last weekend of July!
Click here for the full schedule.
The festival’s Nature Art & Craft Show features over 40 artists presenting paintings and illustration, jewelry, ceramics, woodworking, felted animals, glass art, metal-working, and more. Many of the festival’s artists and master crafters have won national and international awards for their art. Whether you are looking for a gift for a loved one or are an experienced art collector, countless unique treasures will be available at a variety of prices.
The festival’s Local Food Cook-Off, sponsored by Edible Western New York, features award-winning restaurants crafting unique dishes featuring locally-sourced food. Let’s be honest – food is a major reason for attending summer events! Join Ellicottville Brewing Company (EBC) West, Green Heron Growers, Labyrinth Press Company, Superfresh! Organic Café, and Sontheimer's Country Bakery in this amazing food event that will leave everyone from gastronomes to picky eaters full and satisfied! In addition to the Local Food Cook-Off, the festival has a Farmer’s Market where guests can buy delicious fresh fruits, vegetables, snacks, and other farm products.
If you’re not convinced yet, there is so much more:
- Sky Hunters and Wild Spirit Education will amaze guests with both rehabilitated and free-flying birds of prey;
- The Audubon Community Nature Center will host a youth area for the young and young at heart to explore nature and natural artifacts (and more live animals);
- The musicians Steel Rails and Davis and Eng will play traditional and original folk music;
- Dr. Twan Leenders of RTPI will give presentations on “Wild America in our Backyard,” which highlights the cool and surprising natural things found in our neighborhoods (you can meet some cool animals, too)!
- Guests can participate in a number of classes and workshops on topics such as gardening, native plants, meditation, yoga, bushcraft, & more!
Guests to the Wild America Nature Festival will also be able to explore the Panama Rocks scenic area and try their hand axe throwing with Axcellent Adventures axe throwing!
The festival is currently accepting volunteer applications for 2019, which comes with free admission and other benefits, as well as applicants for the Farmer’s Market and hosts for classes, workshops and activities.
The Wild America Nature Festival is hosted by Panama Rocks Scenic Park and the Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History (RTPI)and is sponsored by Southern Chautauqua Community Foundation, Edible Western New York, Edwards Insurance, Erie Times-News, and Media One Group. For more information on festival sponsorships, please contact Jonathan Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a WILD summer!